Monday, April 2, 2012

A long time coming....


I have planned and prepped some preliminary work on a few articles which I will be posting very soon.

This year I will not be working on a garden due to time constraints. Instead, I will be visiting some botanical gardens and arboretums and write more articles about interesting herbs.  Last year I visited two gardens during the fall season and will be posting about them soon as well.


National Arboretum, Washington DC
copyright SHD 2011

I visited the National Arboretum in Washington DC in September, (where I dropped and broke my digital camera! Ack!).  It's an absolutely beautiful place and if you live within a 3-4 hour drive of DC you should take the time to go there.  It's worth a road trip, and it's free because your tax dollars pay for it.



Temple University Ambler
copyright SHD 2011

Over the Thanksgiving weekend I stopped by the gardens belonging to Temple University in Ambler, PA. Again, it was the dead of winter (albeit a mild one), but as you can see, it promises to be a pleasant experience for the spring and summer and should prove to be a fun future article.

I would like to say "Hello!" to all my new followers, and "Thank You!" to everybody who bothers to read what I write, and especially thanks to those who make comments.  I appreciate your attention and I hope that I will justify it in the future.



No comments: